Vancouver Emergency Community Telecommunications Organization (VECTOR) is the
City of Vancouver's amateur radio program. In close partnership with the city Emergency
Management Office, we plan, build, maintain and operate communications
facilities for disaster and routine community service. Learn more and join us!
Are you interested in helping our community and playing an important role during
major events, emergencies, and disasters? Join VECTOR!
New! Spring Session! Don't have a radio license? We can help you get on the
air through our our highly effective radio training course which includes
an Industry Canada approved examination in a familiar setting. Members also
benefit from other training opportunities, participation in service
opportunities and exercises, and have access to our extensive radio
- April Radio Skills Course - The Basics
- A four week basic radio skills course will be offered free of charge to
VECTOR members starting April 22nd. Great for those new to Amateur Radio as
well as those who want to build operating confidence. Details and
- Vancouver Sun Run - Radio Operators Needed
- Neil King is seeking VECTOR radio operators to assist with the 2014 Vancouver
Sun Run. Please show Neil our usual great support! Details
- 2014 Meeting Schedule
- Regular meetings of the VECTOR membership are held on the
first Wednesday of each month in the E-Comm 911 centre Media Room
(Map). Meeting agendas vary and include presentations by invited
speakers, how-to workshops, training, event planning sessions and other
topics. Meetings start at 19:00 hours sharp. All are welcome.
- VECTOR Weekly Radio Net
- Don't forget to check into the radio net held each Wednesday at 20:00.
Details and frequencies.