April - Multi-site Drill
Exercise: Set up and run a VECTOR remote site to play 20 Questions using net protocol for questions and radiograms for guesses.
We’ll activate stations at up to 4 locations, depending on number of people who sign up. Sites we are checking in with: Radio Room, Kitsilano, Hillcrest, Killarney. You will receive a call sheet with further details once you sign up.
- Reconnect with our community centre colleagues
- Refresh your knowledge about the site station
- Practice net protocol and radiograms
- Learn details from quick reference guides
- Practice logging under “pressure”
- Meet other VECTOR members
- Practice EmCom skills
How does it work?
Set up your station: In play, you need to use the station at your site to let Net Control on VE7RVF know you are ready. Net control will start 20 Questions with the first station on air.
Ask your questions: In play, we will use a directed net so sites can ask questions about what Net Control is thinking.
Guess: Asking to send a message (radiogram) will let Net Control know a site has a guess at what Net Control is thinking about.
Guess over Winlink: If you choose ( and request it), Net Control will accept a Winlink message or a P2P Winlink session to accept a guess.
Each iteration involves at least 2 sites (3 people at each site). With commitment from enough people the week before, we could arrange for several sites.
- Task Registration
- Message blanks
- Message Logs - 1 for received messages, 1 for sent messages
- Position Log
Helpful (members only):
- VECTOR Site Quick Reference Guide
- Voice Operator Workshop Scripts
- Exercise Quick Reference Guide
- Sign up to record your hours
Without health restrictions, participants set up nets between multiple VECTOR sites to send, receive, and track messages over voice and radio email.
- Original ROCKY series of monthly exercises when we started rebuilding our relationships with the community centre staff teams (I, II, III, IV, V, ROCKY ROAD)
- Month of rehearsals at DSA’s, centres, and the radio room preparing for Exercise VANSLAM (2019)
- SQUIRREL (2020) - continued ROCKY format under fresh name
- DOUGLAS (2021) - variation of ROCKY format