March - DOUGLAS
Exercise: To prepare yourself to set up and run a VECTOR remote site.
We’ll work from home as if we were at the sites to pass messages over voice. Use your personal call sign with an assigned tactical call sign.
- Learn details from quick reference guides
- Take logs under “pressure”
- Get to recognize other VECTOR members
- Practice EmCom skills
How does it work?
Set up your station: In play, you will set-up your home station with your radio, message forms and logs. Once ready you will contact a control operator on VE7RVF for coordination.
Send your messages: We will distribute pre-drafted messages for you to send. You are responsible for all the logs and getting the messages out. If you choose (and request it), the control operator will facilitate a P2P Winlink sessions for you with another participating station.
Each iteration involves at least 2 sites (3 people at each site). With commitment from enough people the week before, we could arrange for several sites.
- Task Registration
- Message blanks
- Message Logs - 1 for received messages, 1 for sent messages
- Position Log
Helpful (members only):
- VECTOR Site Quick Reference Guide
- Voice Operator Workshop Scripts
- Exercise Quick Reference Guide
- Sign up to record your hours
Without health restrictions, participants set up nets between multiple VECTOR sites to send, receive, and track messages over voice and radio email.
- Original ROCKY series of monthly exercises when we started rebuilding our relationships with the community centre staff teams (I, II, III, IV, V, ROCKY ROAD)
- Month of rehearsals at DSA’s, centres, and the radio room preparing for Exercise VANSLAM (2019)
- SQUIRREL (2020) - continued ROCKY format under fresh name